September 5, 2011

Blue and Brown Butterfly Page

Hi everyone! I'm back! I thought that I would share a scrapbook page that I made a while back. I love this page because it was SOOO easy to put together. So so simple. Here's the recipe:

Background Paper from Die Cuts with a View (Blossoms and Butterflies 12x12 stack)
Butterfly cut at 2" from Create-a-Critter
White Gel Pen

Since the stack that I got the background paper from was 12x12 and I scrapbook 8.5x11, I had to do some resizing. I cut 3.5 inches from the left side so that I wouldn't cut off the swirl and then I cut 1 inch of the foil dots from the bottom. But that didn't leave quite enough of the blue dot part. So I stuck it over the strip of butterflies. I think I like it better. -happy dance- :D LOL! I love it when things turn out better than expected. I didn't want to mat the photo, so I used a white gel pen and drew a line around the photo. I used cursive to add the caption to the photo mat. I think it turned out well. :) Also, keep your eye on Facebook tomorrow!! I will have a fun game. :) Hint: it has to do with Think Pink Week!! :) ~Emma