December 13, 2011

Handmade Gift Ideas

Hello Everyone! I wanted to share 3 past projects that I have created. I wanted to share the 2 kinds of ornaments that I have created as well as a decorated frame.

I created this frame by decoupaging pattern paper scraps onto a plain frame. I cut the letters on this frame from Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge. This is perfect for grandparents who have tons of pictures of grandkids. :)

This ornament is my favorite. I was inspired by this video from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nq3JoFfoP8&feature=player_embedded. Instead of Glitter It though, I used Mod Podge. I also used plain cardstock instead of vinyl to add the letter.
This is perfect for the girly girl in your life. :)

This last ornament is perfect for kids. I used my Cricut markers to draw the letters on the fabric. I made about 17 of these, so I used my Gypsy to arrange them to take up the least amount of room. I drew them out and cut them with scissors. They don't really fray, because I ironed interfacing on the back. This also helps with keeping it in place while you're drawing with your Cricut.

Can you believe that tomorrow kicks off the 12 Days of Christmas??? I'm hoping I'll be ready. :) LOL! I am in need of some guest designers to help me out! Leave a message on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/KatelynCo.EKS) or email me (KatelynCo.EKS@gmail.com) and we'll get a date for you. :) Come back tomorrow for a Christmas project!! :) ~Emma