December 22, 2011

9th Day of Christmas - Guest Designer - Sandra!

 Hello everyone! For today, the 9th day of 12 (almost done!), I am honored to have the amazing Sandra of Be Hoppy Crafting designing for me. :) She made an awesome gift project and I'm amazed at her creativity with old CD's! Genius! Enough from me. :D Here's the project that she created:


Hey everyone, Sandra from Be Hoppy Scrapping here. I am very excited to be doing guest designing for KatelynCo (http://www.katelynco.blogspot.com), as her blog and work are stellar! I have been immersing myself in Christmas crafts the past few weeks because, for me, it is the best way to get in the Christmas spirit. I have completed quite a few crafts, but there were still a couple on my to-do list, so I decided to complete one of those projects for this designing; a set of Christmas ornaments!

Supply list: Old/scratched CDs or DVDs, patterned paper (I used the Bo Bunny 6x6 Blitzen paper stack), scissors or xacto knife, adhesive of your choice (I used my ATG), ribbon/twine/etc., embellishments (I used the Bo Bunny Blitzen metal embellishments), Crop-A-Dile, ink, & sandpaper (both optional)



These ornaments turn out very nice and I love them because they are so super easy to make. The first step is to apply adhesive to one side of the CD. Then, you simply take your chosen piece of paper/cardstock and adhere it onto the CD. Then, turn the CD over and using an Xacto knife (or holding the CD and using scissors), trim the paper. It should lay flush against the CD. This isn’t easy to get perfect, so having sandpaper or a sanding block comes in very handy to get the edges of the paper smooth and against the CD.


The next step is optional, and that is to do the same thing on the back of the CD. I used a plain brown cardstock for the backs of mine. You can use a plain cardstock, or more patterned paper for this, or simply leave it as is. When finished, you can ink the edges if you like. Afterwards, embellish your new ornament! I used the metal Bo Bunny embellishments and ran twine through them then glued the twine to the back of the CD using hot glue. Any embellishments that match your paper will work. Finally, use your Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top of the CD and tie some ribbon, twine, etc through for hanging.
I hope you enjoyed the Christmas ornament project. If you make them, I would love to see pictures!