January 31, 2012

Retirement Series Part 2 - Shell Thank You Note Card Gift Packaging

Hello everyone! Welcome to KatelynCo! If you remember from yesterday's post, I posted a set of thank you note cards that I will be giving for a retirement gift. Today I am going to show you how I packaged those up.

I used the same color scheme that I used for the cards so that it would tie everything together. I used the same cut and everything. For the blue strip, I Cuttlebugged it using D'vine Swirls. I also used Pink by Design's stamps again. :) I really love those. :D

Here's a little closer look at my stamping/Cuttlebug/die cutting job.

I did run into one little problem. The cards with envelopes were too thick to fit into the bag. I would get them all in, but then I couldn't staple it like I usually do (check out this video to see how I put these together). My solution? Take out the envelopes and package them separately. See that post tomorrow. :) I still had trouble though, so I put a strip of ATG tape inside the bag to hold it together temporarily.

The giveaway for Vinyl Couture vinyl is still going on on my Facebook page. You will have time to enter until the end of this retirement gift series. Just a little hint; you might want to enter by Friday. ;) In the mean time, come back for the rest of the projects in this series! Until next time!! ~Emma