April 7, 2013

My First Iris Folding Card

Hello everyone! So yesterday, I decided that I would learn how to do a technique called Iris Folding. It is a neat technique where the paper is folded in a pattern in such a way that it gives a 3-D effect. I had never done this before and I really wanted to try it. When I was finished, the back of the piece was a mess, but with gorgeous results in the front. I made it into a 4.25" x 4.25" card by using my Gypsy to cut a heart out of a 4" x 4" panel. The heart is from Create-A-Critter. I also made the banner with my Gypsy and Create-a-Critter. The stamp is from Pink By Design Stamps' Vintage Greetings. I gave the banner more dimension by scoring and folding it slightly. To finish it off, a piece of twine from The Twinery.

I hope you all enjoyed my card. Stay tuned for an iris folding tutorial very soon! ~E